Sorry, this job has expired.
Winter Haven, FL
Paid holidays, 401K / Retirement plan, Vision Insurance, Dental Insurance, Life Insurance, Health Insurance
Gessler Clinic is now hiring a Medical Assistant.
As a Medical Assistant you will perform administrative and clinical duties under the direction of a physician. Administrative duties may include scheduling appointments, maintaining medical records, and some billing and coding for insurance purposes. Clinical duties may include taking and recording vital signs and medical histories, preparing patients for examination, performing injections, and administering medications as directed by physician.
• High school diploma or equivalent required.
• Must be a graduate of an accredited Medical Assisting (MA) program.
• 1 year of medical clinic experience preferred.
• Must respect patient privacy and act appropriately.
• Must maintain confidentiality relating to patients, practice staff and other healthcare workers.
• Good, solid judgment and discretion needed while performing duties.
• Must have current MA certification.
• Must be computer literate.
• Must have the personality and demeanor to deal with the public and assist ill, older, or distraught patients.
• Good sense of organization.
• Must pay attention to detail, have telephone skills, and be professional at all times.
• Must be able to communicate information and ideas in speaking so others will understand.
• Prepare treatment rooms for patient examinations, keeping the rooms need and clean.
• Interview patients to obtain medical information and measure their vital signs, weight, and height.
• Show patients to examination rooms and prepare them for the physician.
• Help physicians examine and treat patients, handing them instruments and materials or performing such tasks as giving injections or removing sutures.
• Record patients’ medical history, vital statistics, and test results in electronic medical records system.
• Explain treatment procedures, medications, diets, and physicians’ instructions to patients.
• Use computer, office software, and standard office equipment such as multi-line telephone, calculator, fax/copier, and mailing equipment.
• Clear and conceptual thinking ability, ability to handle work related stress; ability to handle multiple priorities simultaneously.
• Must have excellent customer service, time management, and multitasking skills.
• Must have the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences.
• Must have the ability to tell when something is wrong or is likely to go wrong. It does not involve solving the problem, only recognizing there is a problem.
Work involves varied activities which include standing, walking, reaching, bending, lifting. The job calls for manual and finger dexterity, eye-hand coordination, and occasionally lifting or carrying up to 25 pounds. Corrected vision and hearing to normal range are both required. Work may be performed under stressful conditions.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.